TikiLIVE offers a lot of different premium cable channels for users to enjoy, and while our lineup doesn’t include local channels, that doesn’t mean that our users don’t have access to them. TikiLIVE offers national channels that are delivered to all of our viewers, all over the country. If local channels are an important part of your channel lineup, then an OTA (Over-The Air) antenna is a great way to find the channel and watch it.
While there are many different indoor antennas and many different options, TikiLIVE has tested a few and found the following to work with most TVs:
Setting up the Antenna directly to your TV
Settings up the antenna with your TV is as simple as a few steps:
1. Place the antenna in an optimal position, usually on a wall or window.
2. Connect the female end of the antenna’s attached coax cable to the port on your TV. (this doesn’t require power unless you’re using the amplifier).
3. Scan for channels using the TV input. This is a process that will only occur once, even if the antenna is unplugged.
4. Enjoy local channels that may be used in tandem with your TikiLIVE channel package!
Setting up the Antenna with an Amplifier
If you are located in a more remote area, then an amplifier may be required to get a better signal from the TV towers:
1. Connect the female end of the antenna’s attached coaxial cable to the male end of the amplifier.
2. Connect the female end of the amplifier to the coaxial port on your TV.
3. Power the amplifier by plugging the amplifier’s USB connector into an open USB port on the TV or into a wall outlet using a power adapter.
4. Place the antenna in an optimal position, usually on a wall or window.
5. Scan for channels using the TV input. This is a process that will only occur once, even if the antenna is unplugged.
6. Enjoy local channels that may be used in tandem with your TikiLIVE channel package!
If reception from the antenna is sporadic, try moving the antenna to another location and rescanning the TV tuner until an optimal position is found. If a signal can’t be received when using the amplifier, remove the amplifier and try again. In some instances, the amplifier may cause self-oscillation, which may interfere with signal reception.
You may also watch the video below for simple steps to get started.