Based on the tests performed at our testing lab, please see the recommended encoding settings below for a valid HLS stream (the better settings to stream on iPad):
- Encoding level = 4.1
- Parallel Encoding = enabled
- Cabac = disabled
- Deblocking Filter = 0 (norm.)
- Reference Frames = 5
- Keyframe interval = 3 seconds
- B-Frames = 0
- Half-frame(fps) = disabled
- Adaptive B-Frames = disabled
- Intra Partitions = High (4×4)
- Inter Partitions = High (16×16,8×8,4×4)
- Subpixel refine = Quarter – pixel low
The image below shows the exact settings that needs to be performed on the HD Wave:
Performing these settings will enable the stream to be available on iOS devices.
You can find more details about HD Wave Encoder Settings by going to the dedicated manual page.