Links in WordPress can be organized into categories, all the better for organization. The default installation of WordPress automatically sets one category, Blogroll. You are given the ability to add, edit and delete categories.
Click on the Link Categories, under Links chapter in the navigation menu:
The Link Categories page will open, as you can see in the following pictures and we will explain each option:
1. Type the name of the new link category, which will be shown on the web blog.
2. Insert the slug of the link.
3. Type a description of the link category, which may or may not appear on the website, according to the theme you used.
4. Click this button to add a new category.
5. Type the name of certain link category you want to search and then click the search button.
6. Click on the drop-down list to select an action for a group of link categories: bulk actions or delete.
7. Click here to apply the option you have selected at no 6.
8. Check this box if you want to select all the link categories.
9. In this column you can see the name of the link categories.
10. In this column you can see the description of each link category.
11. In this column you can see the slug of each link category.
12. In this column you can see the number of links in each category.
13. Here you can see the number of link categories listed in the grid.