When you’re first coming up with an idea for a streaming show, you’re likely focused on creating the best content possible. While the quality of your content is extremely important, the visual elements of your streaming show, including your show set, are also important in properly engaging your viewers along with conveying a professional image.
No matter what type of streaming content you’re creating, it’s critical to think about your surroundings to ensure they don’t detract from what you’re trying to accomplish. When it comes to building a set, you may think that you have to invest huge sums of money to create it, but this doesn’t have to be the case. Using a bit of creativity and hard work, you can create a set for your streaming show that is both professional and cost effective.
Steps to Building a Set for Your Streaming Show
1. Determine a Budget – Before you start constructing your set, determine your budget. This will allow you to deicide on the sophistication of your set. If you’re doing all of the work yourself, this will allow you to spend more material on props and materials, since you’ll be handling much of the labor on your own.
2. Brainstorm Ideas – If you have a simple show where you are just interviewing individuals, your set can be quite simple. However, if you’re creating more of a sitcom-based show, you’ll likely need to create multiple scenes to keep your viewers engaged.
Similarly, if your show has a script of some kind, it’s important to break it down into scenes. Once you’ve broken your script down into scenes you can start to draw out a storyboard showing each part of your show or movie. Add as much detail as possible including colors and even furniture, if possible. Make any mention of props or specific materials that are needed for each scene.
3. Purchase Materials – Now that you have your ideas sketched out for your set, it’s time to purchase materials. Keep your budget in mind and make sure that you don’t overspend since it’ll cause you to be unable to build out each scene for your show.
4. Begin Construction – Once you’ve sketched out all of your scenes and purchased your materials, it’s time to begin building your set. It’s best to start building the most complicated items first to ensure you’re able to finish them in time. Keep in mind period elements like the architecture of the time era depicted in your streaming show.
Many set builders will use “flats,” which are cheap walls built from plywood that can be used for walls, floors or ceilings. These flats can allow you to transform any room into a set with relative ease. For more information on building flats, check out this YouTube video.
5. Paint and Decorate – Now that your set is complete, it’s time to paint and decorate. If you’re not a skilled painter or designer, you can hire a professional to handle this portion of the set design.
The Set’s Done… Now What?
After your set is built, it’s time to actually stream your content. While this process may seem intimidating, it doesn’t need to be when you partner with a reliable streaming provider like TikiLIVE. We’ve been helping individuals and organizations stream content online for more than a decade. Once you setup a TikiLIVE account, you’ll have a wide variety of features available at your disposal, including:
• Your Own WordPress Site – When you create an account with TikiLIVE you’ll not only have a robust platform to host all of your streaming content, but you’ll also get a free WordPress website to promote your business or brand. You can even access your WordPress site right from the TikiLIVE control panel. If you’re not familiar with WordPress it’s a very versatile content management system that allows anyone with limited experience to create and manage their website.
• Mobile Support – Another benefit of TikiLIVE is the fact that our platform allows your content to be instantly viewable across all mobile devices. This means that your users will easily be able to watch your content whether they are accessing it from their computers, smartphones or tablets. With more people accessing the Internet from their mobile devices than ever before, it’s important to cater to this segment of your user base.
• VOD Transcoder – Not sure which format to use for your streaming content? With TikiLIVE you don’t have to worry – with our Monster Encoder you can upload content in a variety of formats and we’ll handle all of the encoding in the cloud.
• iPTV Capabilities – TikiLIVE not only allows you to stream your content to online users, but it also allows you to stream it to televisions. TikiLIVE offers support for a large number of set top boxes as well as Apple TV, Google’s Chromecast, and Roku devices. Your content can be featured alongside big names like Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu. Think about the opportunities that you’ll have by streaming your content to the millions of iPTV users around the world.
• Share on Social Media – Catering to and growing your social media audience can be a great way to build interest in your brand. With TikiLIVE you can instantly share all of your content directly to your Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ profiles. Your followers can watch all of your content and even share it with others to help grow your following.
• Multi Language Support – We also offer a multi language module that allows you to add unlimited languages to your TikiLIVE solution.
Ready to Build a Set and Stream Your Content?
If you’ve been thinking about creating your own streaming show, now is as good a time as ever to get started. By working with TikiLIVE, you can focus on creating your content and building your set while we focus on streaming your content efficiently and effectively. For more information about our account offerings don’t hesitate to contact us today at 305-743-6722.